Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When to plant pothos clippings

Posted by scootsybootsy none (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 27, 14 at 18:50

How do I know when they are "rooting" and ready to be moved to soil. Never done this before not really sure what to look for. I think these are roots I'm not sure. If they are do I plant them now?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When to plant pothos clippings

Yes, they are roots and you can plant them now..

o
RE: When to plant pothos clippings

For my Pothos, I don't even really wait for them to start rooting. When/If I prune mine back, I just stick the cut off sections back into the soil. I use a screwdriver to sort of punch a hole into the soil first, then just carefully slide the clipping back in, and then press the soil in around it to cover it up pretty good. It works every time, and my Pothos has been getting both thicker and fuller

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here