Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
savannaicus

Saving a Money Tree

savannaicus
9 years ago

Thanks for reading and for any advice. A few days ago hubby and I were at a large chain store and I always visit the plant clearance section, to see what I can try to save. Well, I found a money tree, and usually they are in bad shape at the store from not being watered but this poor baby's problem was being over watered. He was living in a pot of mud.

So I went online and searched how to save him and kinda pulled all the info (there is a lot) and do the best I can. I took him from his pot and rinsed off the mud and wrapped the roots in paper towel. I changed the paper towels a few times. It was hot that day so I left him on the kitchen table for a few hours to dry. Then I potted him in loose potting soil. Its been two days and I haven't watered, but I have misted him.

He only has a few leaves left, I trimmed the ones that were to far gone. The trunk and stems of the plants seem to be strong.

So my questions are:
Is there anything else I should do?
How long before I know if he's going to make it?
Does this plant have a big root system? He didn't have to many roots, and it looked like the plant was branches that they cut into and got to root, which I figure is how they make money trees.

Thanks!!!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Craftsman Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Home Builder 3x Best of Houzz Award Winner