Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant ID

Posted by abigail1280 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 27, 11 at 19:22

Hello! Earlier this month, my husband's grandmother unexpectedly passed away. I was able to bring home some of her houseplants, and was curious as to what this one is. I was very interested in the spider plant. I'm not sure how long they've been together ... I only met her one time, and it was not at her home. Any information would be appreciated.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant ID

The other one is a pothos, and looks to be "golden pothos" to be exact.

Joe

o

Abigail...Sorry about your husband's grandmother..Hope he's okay.

Yep, Joel's right...the combo is a Pothos/Epipremnum, the second a Variegated Spider Plant/Chlorophytum.

Are you going to keep them potted together?

They will thrive in bright light. An east window is perfect..
During summer, set back a little from a direct sun, west..Pothos don't need as much light as Spiders, but they'll adapt to bright light..

Water thoroughly, until water seeps from pots drainage holes, but let soil dry between waterings.

A weekly shower, 'leaves' will keep your plants perky.

One more thing. Spider Plants are finicky w/tap water.
Add water to an old but clean container, or watering can, let sit at least 24 hours. Then give your plants a drink..Toni

o

I should have thought about how my screen name looks, because I seem to get called Joel a lot, when it's actually Joe, with a 1980 after it for my birth year. Oh well, I'm pretty much used to it now.... :)

Joe

o

Joe, the first time I responded to one of your posts, I too wrote Joel. Afterwards, I noticed it was a 1, not L. Guess I'm tired, late night, long day..lol..

Abby, forgot to say, your combo is really pretty..Toni

o

I think I'm going to leave them together. I actually saw a Golden Pothos today at Lowes, and I thought, "Hey! You look familiar"

Currently, I'm repotting and moving some plants out on to my screened in porch, so I'll be able to find a good place to put them!

Thank you both for your help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here