Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rhoeo Spathacea "Tricolor" Winter Care

Posted by greendale 6B (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 19:43

Agh, damn winter. Can not recognize it is the same plant, do you? The first picture is when it come into the house right after it was summering outside last fall. Second is when it is ready to go out again this summer.

What were your tips to overwinter this plant? What did I do wrong, too cold, too wet or just not enough light? thanks a lot.

photo rhoeo_spathacea_tricolor.png

photo 20140418_003.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rhoeo Spathacea "Tricolor" Winter Care

No idea what did it, sorry for your trouble.

Perhaps if you'd please remove the dead leaves (the brown, crunchy ones), we could see better what's left & THEN maybe we can make suggestions to try to help it.

o
RE: Rhoeo Spathacea "Tricolor" Winter Care

My guess is low humidity. Once you remove all those dry leaves, there will be a naked stem underneath. If you find you do not like the look, then it's best to restart the plant: cut the stems and stick them into the mix for rooting. I need to do the same thing with my plant. I was trying to find out if the leafless stumps will re-sprout new growths here (http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/houseplt/msg0416485516299.html), but nobody knew. If somebody here knows, please tell me/us.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here