Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why is Lemon-Lime Philodendron so difficult to find?

Posted by LoBro 8b (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 25, 14 at 21:06

Hi all,

I've been searching high and low for the chartreuse variety of Heart Leaf Philodendron (I've seen it called 'Lemon-Lime' and 'Lemon Glow' and 'Aureum' ... Not sure which is most common). I haven't found it at any of the Houston nurseries I've been to, and Hirt's is sold out. There are a couple listed on ebay, but I want them for a mass indoor planting and I'll need about 8 of them if they come in 4-inch pots. Are these normally this difficult to find? I'm pretty new to house plants and I read that 'Lemon-Lime' behaves more or less like the more common types of Heart Leaf Philodendron, so I'm just wondering why such an attractive, easy care plant would be so rare.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why is Lemon-Lime Philodendron so difficult to find?

Try a Lowes or Home Depot
Here in the high desert of CA both stores are full of
different sizes. They even offer online orders.
Good luck

o

i just saw it in HD too in NJ

o

When I googled this name, I got pics of a bunch of different plants, various Philo species and some Epipremnum. What plant exactly are you after?

Philodendron 'Brasil' is popular and readily available lately. Maybe that appeals to you?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here