Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
withxlovexx

Pilea 'Moon Valley' & Pink Vein Fittonia

withxlovexx
10 years ago

Hello everyone! I'm new here, so bear with me while I figure everything out. :)

I have a question about a couple of houseplants. As far as I know, these are the Moon Valley & Pink Vein I mentioned in the title. I've had them since 2011 & they've always done pretty well. They used to be in separate pots, but once they got a little bigger I combined them into the larger rectangular pot in the photo. The Moon Valley is pretty much taking over the entire space & I think I really need to put the Fittonia in her own pot before she totally gets choked out by the other one. Is there any special care I need to take when repotting? I don't think I've every moved a larger plant like this one before & I'd be so sad if I ended up killing it or damaging the other one in the process.

I read on a website that you should not get the Moon Valley leaves wet. Why would that be? I was wanting to carefully rinse off the leaves in my kitchen sink to get some of the dust and dog hairs off, but would that be bad for the plant?

Additionally, if you look in the left side of the photo at the Fittonia leaves, they've been experiencing some browning and crinkling. What causes this? Possibly not enough water?

Any thoughts or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a bunch!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville