Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New plant watering device

Posted by apanx none (My Page) on
Fri, May 16, 14 at 3:21

Hi there,

I have developed a device great technical characteristics: very long battery life (2 years), special algorithm that calculates the right amount of water for different pot sizes, it can be used indoors or outdoors, it has a LED light that informs you about soil moisture, it detects and warns you if the water tank is empty. You can find more information on our product here: http://igg.me/at/daisydotsi

Its main advantage is that besides monitoring light and soil moisture, it also waters the plants when it is needed. This means you do not need to be present at all times and therefore you have more free time.

I would like to get some feedback from you :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New plant watering device

Personally, I like spending time watering my plants. It is very relaxing and allows me time to unwind and forget about any daily stresses or whatnot. But no matter what, there are always those times when other things come up and we can't be there to water plants when needed. That's where a great device like this would most definitely come in handy. I would advise people to familiarize themselves with it, to get the hang of it and make sure they're using it correctly, before leaving it to do its job. It looks simple enough. Have you patented it, or applied for any patents? (Not that I know anything about patents...) Just asking questions. I'd hate to see someone coming along and trying to copy it.

I'll most definitely be keeping my eye on this product. Very interesting.

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Fri, May 16, 14 at 7:36

How does it monitor soil moisture? Is there a probe positioned deep in the pot? How much?

Al

o

@ToMMyBoY69 I definitely think to that plant watering is very relaxing and calming. It is also important to monitor the growth. But problems come when you aren't home all day long. Plants wilt rapidly.. Like my tomatoes in front of my house. So I've developed this small plant watering device :) I think is very handy. But I need a lot of support from the crowd because the plastic injection molds for the Daisy.si enclosure is very expensive stuff.

q:Have you patented it, or applied for any patents?
a: yeah, it's patented here in Slovenia but I don't think that will help a lot. It's quite expensive. If I had lots of money, I would rather invest in the plastic injection mold and start production. But I still have a lot of another ideas for gardening!

@tapla great question! I know what do you thinking about. Now are the electrodes 8cm long - ~3inches. But I've already made new solution (capacitive&resistive sensor probe) which will measure moisture from between 5-7cm deep in the soil. I have also plan to improve design if campaign is successful.

Thanks for your answers! It's great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here