Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rinomanfroni

Indoor plants as sturdy as ZZ Plant, but small?

rinomanfroni
13 years ago

Hello,

I am making a composition of house plants. The problem is that there is very low light available, and the only plants that seemed to survive so far is the ZZ plant, which is still thriving being there for almost one year. I would like to find some other indoor plants that are as sturdy as the ZZ plant in the low light. I also would like to have a plant that grows upright and stays small, or grows very slowly.

Thanks!

Comments (5)

• bunnygurl
    13 years ago

Sansevieria trifasciata? They do better with brighter light but easily tolerate low light. They're slow growers and grow upright.

• blueszz
    13 years ago

I was thinking about Sansevieria's too. They come in a lot of 'colors' and shapes/sizes. They probably would do well in a location where a ZZ plant likes it.

• Sans2014
    8 years ago

Chinese Evergreen, though it does better in brighter light it will tolerate lower light.

• summersunlight
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Chinese evergreen is the answer. They tolerate low light better than most other plants.

You might also want to consider setting up a desk lamp with a CFL in the 6500K range to offer a bit more light and give you some more options.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    8 years ago

Dracaena 'Janet Craig.'

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH