Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rikyrik

A few more IDs

rikyrik
10 years ago

I bought these but they only come with requirements not names id like to know what they are.
I thought picture 1 might be a Draco but after bitmore looking I dont thonk it is.
Think maybe picture 2 is a type of swiss cheese plant (dont know the proper name)

Comments (14)

• rikyrik
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Picture 2.

• asleep_in_the_garden
    10 years ago

Pic2 is monstera deliciosa. :)

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

First could be yucca or one of the D. deremensis. Is there any woody trunk yet? Can you show a clearer pic of the veins on a leaf?

• asleep_in_the_garden
    10 years ago

I'm going with Purp on the yucca guess...possibly yucca recurvifolia.

Are the tips of the leaves pointy enough to draw blood if bumped into accidentally?

• faerybutterflye
    10 years ago

Not sure about the 1st pic, but the 2nd one is definitely a monstera deliciosa! Beautiful! I wish mine looked that lovely!

• rikyrik
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks all, it is very nice luckily there were lots to choose from and they look well grown.
    Sorry cant yet im at work (working lol) but yes the leaves could draw blood or have an eye out lol, it is eye level at the moment. It could well be a yucca it looks like the top of a yucca I used to have but on that there were far less leaves and there was a trunk, no theres no trunk or woody growth anywhere.

10 years ago

Well that's not a Drac then... although joking about putting an eye out, well, it doesn't need to be a yucca. Stupid bifocals - little windows with different views, you're either tripping because you're not looking straight down at where to put your feet, or bumping your head because you ARE looking down.

Anyway, Drac. marginata can poke right in your eye. I've done it with spider plants too. Well, technically, I guess I stuck my eye on the plant, but the semantics are unimportant. Be careful if you've got plants around eye level, or like I do for winter, squished together to where I have to do contortions to reach through a jungle to get to "ones in the back."

• asleep_in_the_garden
    10 years ago

Once upon a time I had a wild yucca out in the backyard and I remember the tips of the leaves ending in points that were tough as nails and deadly fine in pointy-ness.

So that is what I'm gna stick with for now...yucca recurvifolia. :)

10 years ago

"...stick with..." Gigglez!

• asleep_in_the_garden
    10 years ago

.....pardon the pun :)

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

I second the second pic being Monstera deliciosa. I vote for a yucca species in the first pic

• Grantgarden2 Zone 5a/b
    10 years ago

The yucka plant is called "Yuca elephantipes" I have this plant and to me it is a moderly slow growing, but when it goes outside, the plant starts growing at a medium rate.
    Along for the second plant it is a young Monstra Deliciosa. It looks like it has started on producing leaves with splits in it.Good luck!
    Grant

• rikyrik
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks again all really helped me :)

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

I agree with Yucca elaphantipes

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County