My easter cactus just about to bloom
    Averil
    (UK)

• averil
    9 years ago

This is a true xmas cactus that's a wee bit confused lol

• averil
    9 years ago

This columnea I got as a plug plant last year and that flower has been on it for over 3 weeks and it's still so fresh
    Regards to all
    Averil (UK)

• paul_
    9 years ago

Don't matter to me none, either.

{{gwi:85509}}

Yet another pic from my everblooming pot of pings:

{{gwi:85510}}

{{gwi:85511}}

A nice minicatt. Just too bad it isn't more floriferous. Plant is about 4inches tall. The bloom is 2inches across.

{{gwi:85512}}

• asleep_in_the_garden
    9 years ago

Jeez Paul,my alo up and decides it wants to threaten dormancy out of the blue while My fellow zone5er in michigan gets a bloom! *slaps forehead*

I'm never gonna get the knack for that one...it eludes me. It's so striking in appearance though...so I keep trying.

Beautiful pics as always,man! :)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Hi!! I'll add a few...

Kaneohe Sunburst Plumeria.

Love all of the pictures.. Thanks teen for the thread!!!! ;-)

Laura

9 years ago

Noid Adenium

Laura

• flowerpottipper
    9 years ago

Streptocarpus with a few blooms left...

• flowerpottipper
    9 years ago

Impatiens congo cockatoo,

• flowerpottipper
    9 years ago

Peperomia dolabriformis with its weird blooms,

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nice flowers, i have never seen a adenium in bloom without leaves.. I assume it will grow back

• paul_
    9 years ago

Love the Impatiens! That is of the type I have been seeking. (Only ones I have every seen offered have been too expensive.)

Always enjoy seeing Adenium and Plumeria in bloom. (Actually with Adenium I like them out of bloom as well. The caudices are so kewl!)

@Asleep:
    I've read that sooner or later it is almost inevitiable that the Alocasia will go dormant. Considering I have never had success in awakening them, I keep hoping mine will continue to put off doing so. Watering a dormant tuber with hot water is supposed to be effective for waking them up, but haven't tried doing so.

Never been able to have more than 3 or 4 leaves at once, which is a bummer -- though I have heard that is commonly the case. Quite the huge stem/tuber on mine at this point. Would like to give a "whack" and repot both resulting halves BUT I'm too chicken .... with my luck doing so would send it into a death spiral.

This one has bloomed for me quite a few times over the last couple years.

• asleep_in_the_garden
    9 years ago

Don't whack it...like so many other alos it will eventually put off bulbils or at least I THINK that's what they'll do. Had a tiny one start up years ago when I'd recycled potting mix in a tomato bed. Seems I missed a bulbil along the way,eh?

If any of mine go dormant,I put them in terrariums and they usually wake up,or at least turn around. Sometimes I'll forget I've put one in and by the time I look at it next it's smushing up against the lid. lol

The above refers mostly to my macrorhizas which by degrees I have an easier time with,but it's worked before with pollys or polys or whatever the african mask is being called these days.

Also worked with the sarian I acquired last year.

Three varieties of alo counts as a collection,right? No matter,..I gotta find more. :D

By the way,I've seen some pics of masks that were HUGE! This is why it would hurt my biggest feelings if you were to take a knife to that rhizome. I have had the same results with the three or four leaves tops...but hope springs eternal,right?

I have a lot of confidence in yours by the look of how well it's doing for you. Your doing a great job!

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    9 years ago

Some really interesting plants! Thanks for posting, everybody.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    9 years ago

Sedum clavatum.

9 years ago

Aglaonema (Chinese evergreen.)

9 years ago

Plectranthus 'Mona Lavender' is starting (upper left corner.) With Tradescantia zebrina and wax Begonia.

9 years ago

Chamaedorea elegans (parlor palm.)

9 years ago

Can't catch these open with camera in hand, but here's the buds, Tradescantia pallida.

9 years ago

Callisia fragrans.

9 years ago

Wax Begonia with double flowers.

9 years ago

Kalanchoe blossfeldiana with wax Begonias.

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

Nice thread title & thanks for starting

Schizobasis intricata: Very tiny white flowers that bloom speraticly into Aug.

{{gwi:85517}}

{{gwi:85518}}

Is one of my bulbs that gets year round inside house growing. I'll try to remeber to post anouther pic of it later after it gets a misting.

Also missing April showers outside and making it's first outside view of the world today Haworthis cooperi X what ever happened to be near it on the rack.

{{gwi:85519}}

{{gwi:85520}}

Potted view

• Photo Synthesis
    9 years ago

This African Violet has been blooming continuously for me ever since I first bought it. Which surprised me, because I've never really had much success with these plants before. :)

• Photo Synthesis
    9 years ago

A closeup of the flowers...

• Photo Synthesis
    9 years ago

My Sarracenia purpurea in bloom, with my Dionaea muscipula just beginning to send up their flower spikes. I love carnivorous plants. It's somewhat gratifying feeding troublesome bugs to my hungry plants, HaHa...

• Photo Synthesis
    9 years ago

A closeup of my pitcher plant's interesting flower...

• plantomaniac08
    9 years ago

Just opened yesterday... Ornithogalum longibracteatum ('Pregnant Onion') bloom:

{{gwi:85521}}

Planto

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nice flowers everyone! Im hoping the Oxalis in this container I made for the summer starts sending up flowers.

• paul_
    9 years ago

Love Sarr. flowers! Never was able to bloom mine when I had one. But living in a third floor apt makes giving it a proper dormancy difficult to impossible.

• Photo Synthesis
    9 years ago

This is my first time seeing Starr's flowers in person. The 2nd one has opened up and I have been cross-pollinating them with each other every day now. Not that I need more pitcher plants, but this is something I've never tried before, so why not give it a shot?

I went out into my backyard and noticed that my purple Oxalis shamrocks have exploded all over with those cute little pink blooms. That was a pleasant surprise. Do they bloom off and on throughout the year? Once it finished blooming after St. Patrick's Day, I just figured that was it.

• Tuija
    9 years ago

Gardenia. It smells really lovely.

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Vigorous oxalis blooms!

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Rescued azalea

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Vigorous oxalis blooms!

{{!gwi}}

9 years ago

Gardenia....

Teen.. My adeniums are all coming out of dormancy.. Some like to flower right as they wake...

Some take a little longer.

Great thread.

Happy Mothers's Day!!!

Laura

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

Hairy Hoya

• marguerite_gw Zone 9a
    9 years ago

This orchid has only been out of bloom for two short periods since I bought it three years ago. I bought it unnamed from a mixed bunch in the local supermarket.

• Tuija
    9 years ago

Clivia miniata......almost.

Tuija

• pirate_girl
    9 years ago

Amazing thread everybody, some stunning plants you've shown. The colors on that Plumeria sunrise have me swooning.

Nomen: Is that Hairy Hoya yours? Would that be H. Linearis? Just fabulous, I'd never seen it w/ blooms before.

Thanks for the Show folks, very inspirational.

9 years ago

I love this thread too!!! So many beautiful blooms and unusual plants!!!
    Quite Lovely!!!!

Thank you all for posting..

Pirate Girl..

This is the same tree as of yesterday!!

Like you, we had torrential rain and we received 4 inches yesterday. This was taken after the storm passed....

The heat brings more coloration...

Kaneohe Sunburst

For you, Pirate Girt!!! ;-)

Laura

• pirate_girl
    9 years ago

Oh my, swoonworthy indeed, thanks much Laura!

9 years ago

This pot's starting its' 3rd spring. Impatiens walleriana (the blooming plants,) Coleus, cane Begonias, Hypoestes.

• asleep_in_the_garden
    9 years ago

Lovely group ya got there Purp! :)

A lot of beauties on this thread!

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Id like to thank everyone for the beautiful flowers on this tread and I wish you all a wonderful week and growing season. I am proud to be the host of the beautiful mayflowers of members of gardenweb. Purple, you save those regular impatients? I only save new guine impatients and the variegated ones..

9 years ago

Yes, I don't buy annuals that don't have a chance of being saved (since they're really tender perennials, not true annuals.) In the spring, I put the excesses in the ground to start the process over again.

NOID Haworthia:

• petrushka (7b)
    9 years ago

anthurium:
    my best exotic at the moment, 2 more buds are coming.
    all grew locally - on my bench ;).

• petrushka (7b)
    9 years ago

and new variety for me:
    rieger begonia dragone 'rosewood', very bright shade of rose red, leaves look almost black in the evening.
    just got it for easter. after half the buds dropped, there seems to be a promise of stabilized future :).

• petrushka (7b)
    9 years ago

and finally buds only plant:
    my giant leaved begonia that produced buds very early: may instead of aug, donnow what to think of it. but may be i won't have to think much longer, the bud drop already started ....

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

Very favorable with unusually cooler temps than normal this time of the year for Harry Hoya (H. linearis.)

Teen: Thanks for hosting April showers bring May flowers
    Who ever is hosting the June flower theme I've left some outside grown Tulips to mark a path.