Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Book 'The Unexpected Houseplant'

Posted by marguerite Ireland (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 14 at 9:21

I bought this book by Tovah Martin for my Kindle some months ago, and the author recommends many outdoor plants for indoor growing. Among them are Aquilegia, known commonly as Columbine, Bellis perennis and Armeria maritima' Rubrifolia', which latter happen to be great favourites of mine that I grow in sinks outside with other alpine plants. I was wondering if anyone here has tried these plants inside.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Book 'The Unexpected Houseplant'

I haven't, but Tovah does make it look easy. I really do love her book the Unexpected Houseplant, actually its my favorite of my big collection of books on houseplants. I bought it when it first came out and I'm always reading it over and over again. But she has given me some great ideas on using spring blooming plants that I want to try, like bleeding hearts, but I don't think theirs enough light in my place to keep it happy. But I do trust her, so it wouldn't hurt to try as long as you give it what the plants need.

o
RE: Book 'The Unexpected Houseplant'

HousePlantTipper, I agree about the book, I think it's my favourite too, and I own a lot of indoor gardening books myself. I'm really tempted to give some of the suggestions a try, Papaver nudicaule, for instance, also Tiarella, but she names many she has tried.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here