Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
.Should I Be Worried?.

Posted by teengardener1888 NY Albany 5a (My Page) on
Sat, May 17, 14 at 9:35

My aloe vers has been outside and it has been raining a lot. It never dries out before it rains again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: .Should I Be Worried?.

If possible, you should place it under roof to protect it from rain. If the potting mix is free draining, it will probably be ok.

o

I would move it too. No matter how well-drained, Aloe can't be constantly wet, especially in cooler temps. If it's raining, the sun can't shine on it anyway. If the rootball will hold together, you could slip it out of pot, set on some newspaper to dry.

o

I agree with purple, get it out of the pot to dry out. Our weather isnt going to get warm enough for it to dry out before it rots. Good luck teen...
Christine

o

Okay it is drying out on newspaper outside. It was in a free draining mix but im going to put it in potting mix with lots of perlite and a little orchid bark.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here