o
Purple Passion Plant

Posted by teengardener1888 NY Albany 5a (My Page) on
Fri, May 31, 13 at 9:54

Look at this plant a teacher brought me for only a dollar

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Purple Passion Plant

How cool is that - I love it?! A shocking reaction from me, I'm sure... You must have made quite the plant-ish impression on this person.

o

Thank you purple. You probally love this plant so much because it is purple.Does anyone want to share there purple plants on here?

o

TG:

Nice find, good for you.

FYI: it'll need a lot of light to stay that purple, otherwise it will become more & more green. This plant was everywhere when I was in college, couldn't turn around w/out bumping into pots of it.

Also, If I recall correctly (aka IIRC), it can use frequent pinching to keep it full & lush.

o

Ooops, sorry, PS:

I should have said when it's much bigger, it'll benefit from pinching back.

o

Gynura aurantiaca

o

I love your PP, mine has been so slow to grow, I hope yours grows faster than mine has, here's my purples that are in desperate need of H2O, so that will now be my job for the afternoon

o

my shamrock, poor baby, look at that dry soil. SHAME on me!!!

o

one more, my begonia which also is in dire need of water
Great post of seeing purples teen :>)

o

Thanks for the compliments and tips everyone. And christine, I also tend to mbe a neglectful waterer

o

I have always loved the look of the Purple Passion Plant! The color is just beautiful. I finally purchased one last summer, bought it in a 1" pot for a $1.50 from the local grocery store. Within a few months it was a giant. I kept it in an east facing window so it got morning sun. Unfortunately, it started blooming.....now the blooms were a beautiful yellow, but they smelled like a skunk. I couldn't keep up with it blooming all the time and trying to pinch the buds before they opened. I ended up having to toss it....how can such a beautiful plant smell so horrible?!

So I hope you have better luck with it than I did :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here