Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another spider plant question

Posted by lescont 7 (My Page) on
Thu, May 23, 13 at 10:05

I was sent some spider plant babies earlier this week. They are the verigated kind with green in the middle and white stripes on the edges. when I got them I put them in pots and now the white edges are changing color to light green. Some have turned almost all green. Does anybody know why? Are they not getting enough light? The spot I have them they get really great light in the morning and afternoon they even get about 15 min of direct light when the sun rises. I will post some pictures as soon as I take some. Thanks.
-Leslie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another spider plant question

Here is a pic of the leaves so you can see where it is turning colors

o

That is of little concern I have noticed that spider plants babies variegation fades with adjustment but new leavse turn to pristine white again. The leaves look very healthy and im shure it is in very good health. AQ photo of the whole plant can help confirm this

o

Looks like everybody else also thought the conditions you describe should be appreciated by the spider plants. It's been way too long since I had a variegated one to have any advice for you, just foggy memories of having one. Curious how things are going though. With unsatisfactory variegation, all you can do is experiment with exposure. Either more or less sun should "fix" it. My gut instinct with this one would be to try less first, but it's just a hunch.

o

That can help. Good idea purple!!!! :-)

o

That can help. Good idea purple!!!! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here