Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wrinkles in my Lemone tree leaves

Posted by khourshed none (My Page) on
Thu, May 10, 12 at 10:29

I have been noticing wrinkles in my lemon tree leaves. I did close observation day and night looking for worms or any other pests on the leaf non found.
did spray with insecticide as a protective measure but i did not help
Is this Normal phenomenon for a Lemon tree leaf ?
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wrinkles in my Lemone tree leaves

Oh my. I think you should post your pictures in the Citrus Forum where there are always lots of good people who are very experienced in growing citrus in containers.

If you read some of the threads, you'll probably get some ideas, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Let's go to the Citrus Forum....

o

Hi K,

How long have you had the Lemon and what state was it purchased?

Since you didn't find worms, Leafminer is out. It looks like your citrus has/had Spider Mites. Insects can distort leaves.

Is your tree a bush or standard, 'one trunk?' Toni

o

I agree with Toni. It looks like have spider mites or scale. More likely is the spider mites.

o

But I also believe that I see clear evidence of leaf miner damage. I think that we're looking at multiple issues here...insects and mites, as well as some cultural problems like soil compaction, over or under watering, nutritional factors.

o

rhizo_1, thanks for the info. do you think I re-post it their?

hopefulauthor , I am from Saudi Arabia. I got the two trees since 2008 they were in pots till 2010. One tree already produce lime once a year the other one never did I am thinking to remove it.

I do visit them at different time a day and night ,,, like 7 am 3pm 12 am 2 am and some times even 4 am I hardly see any cause this funny behavior.

I do spray them almost monthly cause bugs loves citrus

I only left with over/under water +- nutritional factors as per rhizo_1. I will visit the citrus forum to gain some knowledge
i will increase the fertilizer dose although it scares me to burn the tree

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here