o
RE: nice gift

Mauna Loaaaaaaaaaaa!

What a nice specimen!

Thanks for sharing! :)

o

Very pretty!!!

You and I are birds of a feather, I feel right at home looking at your home. People LIVE here, and it ain't big but full of love, great plants and a comfy couch. Nice.

I got this pretty butterfly thing.

o

Oh Purp!

That's so cute! I love it! What a thoughtful gift! :)

o

• Posted by cghpnd 7 / Virginia (My Page) on
    Fri, May 17, 13 at 6:35

Very beautiful!
Oh yeah this place is lived in alright. Kids and a husband, they better of gotten me something worth keeping lol.

o

So what would yall suggest to repot this beauty in? Leave it in the original soil? I dont want to let this one down !

o

Very lovely plant.
Don't think you need to worry about repotting for awhile - a year at least. Contrary to what many people think, when plants come from the growers, they are in good soil and have been heavily fertilized. Yours looks like it was repotted already into something more decorative than a grow pot, so it definitely should be ok for quite awhile.
Just don't keep it too wet. If you see brown tips on a lot of the leaves, it's telling you it's too wet. Try not to let it get too dry, also; you don't want it to reach the wilt point. I have a few little videos about testing the soil for moisture at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBBh0RPPqu0 if you're interested.

o

• Posted by cghpnd 7 / Virginia (My Page) on
    Fri, May 17, 13 at 21:11

thank you very much! I was concerned about the soil because it was very wet when I Bought it. I just put it in the decorative pot that they bought me,didn't disturb it at all. Its too big for me to re pot all by myself without breaking it.
A few of them did have the brown tips on the leaves. thanks for your advice! Ill watch them now!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here