Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ZZ Plants showing their Tubers

Posted by pirate_girl Zone7 NYC (My Page) on
Sat, May 28, 11 at 10:46

Hello everybody,

Here's a recent repotting of several ZZ plants I've grown from individual leaves. I thought I'd show the tubers for those who may never have seen them.

ZZ plant

these were 3 separate plants

ZZ w/ tuber

Sort of look like little potatoes.

ZZ plant w/ tubers

Tough little plants, easy care, need almost nothing, except fast draining mix, some light & water when one remembers; my kind of plant ;>)

Mine are still young so they're small. I recently saw pix of some that someone got while small but gave a lot of light & got some fast growth. I'm hoping to try something similar with these.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ZZ Plants showing their Tubers

Thanks for posting pics! Very nice looking tubers. Kinda makes me want to dig mine up to see mine;). Kyle

o
RE: ZZ Plants showing their Tubers

Interesting plant indeed. A tip though, do NOT plant these guys in a pot that tapers inwards at the top, or you won't beable to get the whoppin tubers out when you try to repot...been there done that.

Joe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here