Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Indoor dwarf banana, wilted, browning/yellowing leaves...

Posted by wendync 7b (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 12:18

Hey guys, so I've had a dwarf banana for maybe 8 months. It has done really well over the winter in our sun room, put out new leaves, looked great. All the sudden this past week or so, it's started looking really sad, it's leaves are drooping, and the outside 1 inch of each leaf has turned yellow--leaving the inside part of the leaf green. I'd had to tear off several dead outer leaves because they've browned.

I'm not really sure what could have changed. It gets watered(not overwatered) probably once a week, nothing has changed for many months as far as care. It has been very rainy and chilly here lately, but it's in the sunroom and protected---it got much colder in there over the winter than it has been lately and it had no ill effects. I'll attach a picture---what can I do to help this poor thing?

I live near Charlotte, NC. Should I put it outside?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Indoor dwarf banana, wilted, browning/yellowing leaves...

When did you start using the AC, if at all (or opening windows)? I ask since the days are finally warm and it might not like cold drafts. I would also inspect those leaves for pests, although I don't think it looks like it would be. I know little about banana, but....was it dormant during the winter? Perhaps it doesn't like the spot when it woke up. Putting it outside during the day could help, if the climate permits it.

o

7b probally doesnt have frost now. going outside is a good idea

o

It also appears to be in a small pot, maybe its time to pot it up..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here