Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what is this???

Posted by amber_m 5 (ambermcmyne@yahoo.com) on
Fri, May 18, 12 at 12:39

ok so im noticing bumps on my one christmas cactus... the weird thing is that its planted in the same pot as a few different cacti and they are fine, show no signs of whats on this one, so does anyone know what it is? i sprayed it down with water/alcohol/soap mixture just in case its some sort of pest, but the bumps almost seem like they are part of the leaf.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what is this???

there just were water may be held. trust me i have grow crristmas cactus since i was two years old and i am thirdteen. if you sprayed it there is nothing to be worried about. my advice is to agnore it. my 11 year old plants have the same thing. christmas cacti are easy and low maintanence houseplants and are rewarding and long lived. some other people may post that it can be a pest or disease but they are wrong.enjoy your christmas cactus knowling it is healthy and i hope the best for yours.

o
RE: what is this???

I agree with you, teengardener1888. It looks like some type of oedema. Perhaps check the drainage in the pot?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here