Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abigail1280

Repotting my Peace Lily

abigail1280
13 years ago

Hi,

I'm a newbie here. I bought a peace lily two years ago at Wal Mart. It was $3 and very pathetic looking. At the time, I wasn't very good with house plants, and I wasn't sure how long it would last. I didn't know much about caring for it.

I had it in my kitchen about 6 feet from the window at first, and then last summer I moved it out to my screened-in patio. The patio is covered but gets sun all afternoon and into the evening. I live close to the coast of NC and it's very humid here. I kept an eye on it and watered it when it drooped. I moved it back in for the winter and have left it inside this year so far.

It's never really had a lot of blooms. Usually just one at a time, though right now it has 2 blooms, but the leaves are such a brilliant green, I've never really minded.

I usually water it maybe once a week, or week and a half. It gets a shot of fertilizer about 75% of the time when I water it. I was away for 2 weeks in January and my husband moved it into a dark corner, and some of the bottom leaves turned brown, but I just plucked them off and now it's currently sitting in front of my living room window. It's on the floor and gets the evening sun, though a lot of times the blind is closed, so it's just getting filtered sun.

It's currently in a 12" or 14" pot. I don't remember exactly. The plant itself is as big as the pot, and sitting on the floor, it comes up to my waist. It's really healthy and looks amazing.

So, my questions is, when should I repot it, and how often? I know it's been at least a year since it was repoted, though I'm not exactly sure when I last did.

Comments (3)