Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mother Nature surprised us again!!

Posted by Lamora 4 (My Page) on
Thu, May 30, 13 at 13:19

Hi, don't know if you remember that Thanksgiving Cactus that my DH refused to throw away or not, kept it alive in a jar all this time, trying to root it, Me? I would have tossed it a long time ago~~
 photo IMG_0426_zps43598a06.jpg

but look at what it did!! it has a few more blossems on it too!! I NEVER would have guess this would happen!!
 photo IMG_04241_zps4c1a310b.jpg

I love Mother Nature!!
Marjie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mother Nature surprised us again!!

Marjie, amazing. Is it Thanksgiving already?? :)

The flower is so pretty. Bet you're glad your dh kept it.

The root inside the jar looks gigantic! Is it my eyes are is that one huge root?

o

That is amazing. I would plant it soon

o

That's pretty cool! A very pretty flower. Awesomely inspiring to see such a large section take root. If it did that in water, I'm sure it would be possible in a pot also. Is DH unbearably smug about it? LOL! Why would you want to toss it? I would have wanted to propagate it, but would have made way too many plants out of it, a whole pot ghetto of them.

o

Here she is NOW!! purttier!! lol
 photo IMG_04771_zps5bcf60f4.jpg
The reason I didn't take anything from it and start up more, is because at the time, I wasn't even getting my little starters growing, seemed to take forever. And it is my DH's and yes, he is very smug about it!! I guess I am lucky that he is on the road and I can't hear it-- lol.. But he will probibly want to soil it when it is done blooming. It has at least 4 more buds on it.

and purple-- this is a better shot of the "root" it is just now starting to root with little hair like roots, it was just a "stump" for lack of a better work
 photo IMG_0479_zps90779cbe.jpg

Am I glad he didn't toss it? maybe, the plant as a whole still looks sad, maybe soiling will help that...

Marjie~~ still amazed with it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here