Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My newest addition

Posted by Will07 5 (My Page) on
Thu, May 9, 13 at 13:24

I've been wanting one of these for a while and finally found one amongst the annuals in a garden centre. There were also pink, white, and yellow ones but orange is my favourite colour so I had to get it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My newest addition

Pentas?

o

I think that's a Lantana.

Planto

o

I agree to lantana

o

Oh, yes I forgot to mention what it is. It's a lantana.

o

Lantana isn't typically thought of as a houseplant. It prefers full, hot sun, which cannot be matched inside. I love lantana, too, and always have some in a pot on the front porch ( western exposure) .

o

I have a living room with 7 hours of hot sun in my window . It is possible if you have a exellent exposure like mine

o

I've only grown these outdoors myself, so I can't say how these grow indoors, but I know as container plants outside... for me, they're better placed in the ground. I had one that I repotted close to every month one year... I guess it was happy, kept busting out of its pots! Got a bit tiring haha.

Planto

o

I would be curious how it goes keeping Lantana as a house plant. Tried & failed in OH, back in my peaty-overwatering days.

I know not all Lantana are created equal, but the shrubs in the yard got 7 ft. tall last year and were NOT killed to the ground over winter like usual. Curious to see how big it will get this year, there's some new growth as high as 3 ft. already.

Will, if you have a basement or garage, you could consider storing this dormant for the winter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here