Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Happy Birthday, Al!!!!!

Happy Birthday, AL!!!

Thank you for all that you do for me and for what you do and give to others!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day filled with all of the things you enjoy!!!

Remember.. We celebrate " Birthday week..." Lol. ;-)

Happy BIrthday!!!!

Laura

Comments (20)

• jujujojo_gw
    9 years ago

Is he the gentleman from Florida who loves frogs?

Happy birthday.

• ariel7576 (Puerto Vallarta, Mex.)
    9 years ago

I think he lives in Michigan.

ETA: Happy Birthday, Al :)

This post was edited by ariel7576 on Sat, May 3, 14 at 14:31

• birdsnblooms
    9 years ago

Happy Birthday, Al

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear AL-L, Happy Birthday to you. :)

Corny, yes, but whenever I see a Happy Birthday here on GardenWeb, I sing the Birthday Anthem.

HELLO Laura!!!! How are you?

I love your pond frog..What a sight!

Hugs, Toni

• asleep_in_the_garden
    9 years ago

Al is a TAURUS?

That's awesome! I'm one as well.

Many happy returns! :)

• plantomaniac08
    9 years ago

Hi Al,
    Hope this Birthday is the best one so far!

Planto

• birdsnblooms
    9 years ago

Asleep, I thought about Al being Taurus, too, but not sure if he's into Astrology. lol

BTW, Asleep, either Belated Happy Birthday, or toasting, 'RC' to an early Happy Birthday.

• asleep_in_the_garden
    9 years ago

It was last saturday,so "belated" it is. Thanks Toni! :)

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    9 years ago

I had an astrological test several years ago, but I don't remember much about it because of the sedation. ;-) Still in an astrological vein, when you think about it, a birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. I hope you all enjoy the trip with me. Unfortunately though, there's still no cure for the common birthday.

Thanks for taking time to post the thread, Laura; and thanks to everyone for taking the time to express a kindness.
    Al

9 years ago

I'm a taurus as well (26 April). We're awesome. ;-)

• teengardener1888
    9 years ago

Happy birthday!

• khourshed
    9 years ago

happy birthday

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You are more than welcome, Al!!!

Many here appreciate your time and patience that you give so freely.

I hope you had a wonderful day!!!!

Hi Toni!! Wonderful to see you as well. ;-)

Take good care,

Laura

• birdsnblooms
    9 years ago

Asleep, well, Belated Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday, A sle eep, Happy Birthday to you!

Al, 'I don't remember much about it because of the sedation.' ROFL.

Ariel, your, Happy Birthday, too?
    Belated Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday, Ar I el, Happy Birthday to you.

Laura...Hey! Are you Taurus, too? lol.
    Did you remember Al's birthday or does GW still have a birthday chart?
    I recall seeing a list a few years ago, but no longer recall where it was located. Toni

• asleep_in_the_garden
    9 years ago

Thanks for the additional b-day wish Toni(you already wished me a happy one upthread a bit). You're a sweety for saying it twice! ;)

By the by,on Laura's page it says her b-day is june 25th...which would make her a cancer,..right Laura?

Sooooo you were sedated were ya,Al? Don't blame ya! Personally,I always make it a point NOT to do anything to celebrate mine...I tend to duck for cover and stay low until it's over and done with,and if people actually catch up to me on that day,I feel like I lost a some kind of game. Let's just call it the "I didn't REALLY turn a year older,did I?" game. ;)

• asleep_in_the_garden
    9 years ago

Ariel and I share the same day,which is pretty wild.

It's rare enough to run into another taurus,let alone one who shares my exact day of birth. Now if she were my exact AGE as well,that would just be crazy! lol

Original Author
    9 years ago

Hello Everyone!!!

Happy Birthday to all of the other " Taurus" Birthday people!!! ;-)

So nice to see everyone.. Seems like we are all busy working in our gardens and its nice to take a break and say hi!!!

Toni!! I also remember e " birthday wishes" here on GW. I think it's now optional to have it on your " page" of information. To answer your question about my birthday.., I was born in June, so that makes me " Cancer". " the crab". Lol.. No comments either.. Lol.

I do remember some birthdays but as I age, it gets harder. I did remember Al's birthday because he shares it with my best friend here in VB. I also did see a posting on the Container forum which helped... ;-). So I did get the chance to say something...

It's nice to see everyone...

I hope you all are doing well and everything is starting to green up in your area.

My grandson is taking up a lot of my time and he is a big helper in the garden this year. I just love him dearly. Never knew it would be like this... Life is good!!! ;-)

Have a wonderful evening,

Laura

9 years ago

Thank you, Laura. It is great to hear of your good times with your grandson & the budding gardener you're creating.

Asleep, I (he -- Ariel is my Hebrew name but everyone thinks of the Little Mermaid & I understand how that can be -- also, my given name is confusing for everyone who is not a relative) am 35. (That hurt a bit to post that publicly!) Complete match? If you tell me you were born in Georgetown Hospital (DC), maybe we should see if we're in fact long-lost twins! ;-)

• asleep_in_the_garden
    9 years ago

Oh wow man,sorry about that. I guess it IS an easy mistake,so I won't beat myself up over it too much.

Come to think of it,a while back,Toni had mistaken me for a female as well(remember that Toni?).

Well Ariel,it can't hurt as much as it hurts me,bro...I'm a dozen years older! LOL

Laura,that's awesome that you have a little helper in your grandson. These are the good times! :)

9 years ago

Super-easy mistake. Bear in mind, people call me Torey (my given name is both unspellable & unpronounceable), so even then people get extra-confused. :-) I'm used to it. I could have made it easy & used Ozzie, my dog's name, for my username.

Original Author
    9 years ago

YOU GUYS are so funny!!!

Today, Ariel called me one of the " guys". Lol. Only kidding , Ariel HAHA! I have been called other things to!!! You all have me laughing!

Asleep ... LOL. You checked to quick before I could change my birthday!!!! Only kidding, yes, I'm a " cancer". Never liked being that and was teased growing up about that, but when I read about these people, it does fit me pretty well... Ok, don't go looking, sheesh!! You guys are to funny this evening!!!!

Wow. thanks for asking about my birthday, Toni!! ;-). These guys are having fun... Which is awesome. Hugs to you as we'll!!

Al is a wonderful friend of mine and I treasure his knowledge and his constant willingness to help in any way for anyone... For that I am truly thankful!!!

Thanks everyone about mentioning my grandson!!! He is such a joy to have around the house. He lives minutes from me, so I see him often. Today I had him helping me , well.. Trying to water the trees. He will be a great helper soon. A gardener In Training!

He will be the new man to take all of my containers in and out for the seasons to come!!!!

have a wonderful night everyone ,

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Mon, May 5, 14 at 11:47

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner