Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what is my plant

Posted by jaimelynn_32 ny (My Page) on
Fri, May 27, 11 at 14:14

I have a plant that seems like it would have to be in the spider plant family its grows on a stem and the top of it resembles a fire flash and it grows "baby's" just as a spider does the stems that they grow off are a plum color mixed with green as well as the leaves but as they get older they have less plum color i have no idea what it is and have been searching on line for days i have NEVER seen this this plant in any stores or nursery's please help me figure it out

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what is my plant

Jaime..can you post a picture? Toni

o

Tony, im trying to figure out how to do that now....i just took some pics on my phone but i dont know how to get it on here

o

Jaime,

You need to pls. post your pix to a photo-hosting site like Photobucket.com or Flicker, both of which are free. Since I use Photobucket.com myself, I'll tell you how that works.

After you post Photobucket.com, then copy & paste the THIRD LINE of code into here. It'll look like Gibberish until you check in the Preview feature, which (if done correctly) will show the picture. If not correct, pls. try again, sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get it right.

Pls., pls., pls. use punctuation in your text. It's difficult & irritating to try to read a multi-line paragraph w/out it; we ARE trying to help you.

o

I sent you a email with the pictures of the plant. I dont know what u mean about punctuality im not good with e mails and such sorry

o

Jaime..your plant is Callisia fragrens, common name, Basket Plant.

They grow large and semi-viney. In bright light, leaves turn purple. Too low light, leaves remain green and can grow spindly.

You're lucky you found one...the last few I've seen for sale are super-expensive. Good luck, Toni

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here