Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So Excited It Bloomed Again!

Posted by val1 z4 UT (My Page) on
Wed, May 21, 14 at 15:23

I love it when my amaryllis blooms! I purchased it a few years ago and after it bloomed, a second plant came up in the pot. I was going to transplant it to it's own pot but never got around to it. Now it looks like it is going to bloom too!

photo 20140519_121645_zpsczicdjze.jpg

photo 20140519_082857_zpsu8jje4za.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So Excited It Bloomed Again!

Lovely flowers! :)

o

very pretty, I love when they flower during the winter and snow is on the ground.

o

Nice! And impressive!

o

Mine has never bloomed!!!! This is the second season I have had it. :( I'm super jealous! Beautiful bloom tho

o

• Posted by val1 z4 UT (My Page) on
    Thu, May 22, 14 at 16:24

Thanks everyone for all of the nice comments.

Mine has bloomed almost every year. I have never kept track of when it blooms but I think I will start. I also love when they flower during the winter. It was the reason I purchased one, to help me get a flower fix when my outside world is cold and white.

I have not repotted it because it never loses all of it's leaves. I need to read and find out when is the best time to repot them. I was super excited to see the second one with a bloom stalk. This plant sits on my kitchen table close to a south window. I do not summer it outside. I feed it Miracle Grow Tomato Food but have not done that for awhile.

o

Any advice on getting one to bloom?

o

• Posted by val1 z4 UT (My Page) on
    Fri, May 23, 14 at 14:06

I give my amaryllis the same care I give my other plants. I know the people on the amaryllis forum are very helpful and know so much more than I do. Amaryllis like bright, indirect sunlight (mine gets indirect in the summer and direct in the winter) and they are heavy feeders. The following website is helpful. I hope yours blooms for you.

Val

http://gardening.about.com/od/floweringbulbs/a/Amaryllis.htm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here