Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Royalty............

Posted by elkay 6a (My Page) on
Fri, May 31, 13 at 15:55

Do you have the honor of owning any "botanical royalty"? :)

I have........

Silver QUEEN Aglaonema
 photo AglaonemaSilverQueen.jpg

Philodendron PRINCE of Orange
 photo PhiloPriceOfOrange.jpg

Philodendron Pink PRINCESS
 photo PhiloPinkPrincess2.jpg

Columnea hirta Light PRINCE
 photo ForgotNamePlant.jpg

And, altho it's not a house plant, this is my Crimson KING Maple that I planted some 20 yrs ago.
 photo CrimsonKingMaple.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Royalty............

That Pink Princess is a beauty! Thanks for posting such pretty eye candy.

o
Love me some PP

Always wanted a pink princess but never got my hands on one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Interesting(if not short)thread on PP

o

I've been trying to think of something I have besides pink princess...

Echeveria haageana 'Green Goddess':

o

Echeveria Black Prince and Black Knight.

o

I've got that Aglaonema, didn't know that was its common name. Also have the Philos Prince of Orange and Pink Princess. Other's that come to mind are King Palms, Royal Palms, King Fern. Royal Poinciana, although it's normally only called Poinciana here (it must have abdicated).There might be a few other royals lurking in the garden but no more come to mind at the moment.

Now if you're looking for something from the other end of the scale, I do have quite a few Corpse Flowers, LOL.

o

Just one, Krimson Princess Hoya carnosa

o

Just thought I'd throw in another I've remembered, King Thai Palm, Kerriodoxa elegans.

o

Oh I never see that Hoya for sale. I've been looking. Very pretty TG! Love the pink-ish leaves.

o

Thank you purple!!! I brought it off of amazon.com. It is labled as lemon and creme hoya or hoya exotica

o

Where can i buy royal plants

o

WOW E WOW,,,, beautiful plants. I love each & every one of them !!!

o

Not much blue blood in this house. Just a hoya carnosa 'Krimson queen' which may not even be correct anymore. I think most refer to it as Hoya c. 'tricolor'. I hope the link works, made a flickr account. Using a mic stand as a trellis until I find something to put it on.....lol (I think I've already shared this picture before though, i'll update it in the summer when it puts out loads of new pink growth)

All the royalty on here is beautiful :)

Elkay,
I'm head over heals for your crimson king maple. That must be a very rewarding experience knowing you planted that.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoya (flickr.com)

o

Yes you have a krimson queen and so do i

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here