Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lipstick Plants (Aeschynanthus)

Posted by nova12 zone 2 (damnplants@gmail.com) on
Tue, May 27, 08 at 16:48

I have a few lipstick plants, but my question is about 2 of them. Both of them came labelled as plain old generic lipstick plants. The flowers are similar, but the leaves are quite different. One of them has fairly small leaves, where the other has quite large leaves. I am just wondering if they are different species, or just different hybrids of the same species. I think both of them are either radicans/lobbianus, I get the idea they are one and the same.

Thanks for the help. Let me know if better pics are needed. I have more.

This is the larger leaved plant

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is the smaller leaved plant

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lipstick Plants (Aeschynanthus)

Beautiful Plants Nova, I've only had my two( Mona Lisa and a Black Pagoda) lipstick plants for about 4 months or so, so I am very new to them. The first one looks a lot like my "Mona Lisa" at least that's the label it came with. Your second one according to the link I posted below is a "Lipstick Rasta", looks like your picture.

I just posted a pic of my Mona lisa last week, it started getting the calyx? How long did it take from that stage till the flowers came out?

Thanks for the great pics, can't wait to see mine bloom!

Mona Lisa

Here is a link that might be useful: Lipstick Rasta

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here