Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Off Topic

Posted by asleep_in_the_garden (My Page) on
Mon, May 13, 13 at 18:25

So is the conversations forum officially dead? Should we call a mortician?

Kinda suspected by the look of it that it wouldn't be worth my time to post there but a few days ago i did.

If anyone would like to chat about the video I provided a link to it would be great.

A warning in advance though,..it's a little harsh in places but worth watching all the way through.

Thank you! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Off Topic

There's a conversations forum? Please enlighten me.

o

Here ya go! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: The Off Topic Forum

o
really surprized

thought this place would get more traffic. :P

This post was edited by asleep_in_the_garden on Sat, Aug 17, 13 at 10:00

o

At the risk of having rotten vegetables thrown at me...

I posted a new thread flipside

Here is a link that might be useful: Your opinion

o

The conversations forums I am familiar with never seemed to me to catch on. I was disappointed in their failure to thrive.

o

A million years ago it was actually kinda active.

Fair number of personalities about these parts...makes me wonder why not now? Certainly I come here to discuss plants and such but I find it hard to believe that nobody has anything to say on other subjects.

Party doesn't start til you throw it. :)

o

LOL.....Of course it wouldn't be the first time I threw a party and nobody showed up! :P

o

It should be obvious that the Conversation forums haven't been popular because the vast majority of people who visit here are very simply not interested in schmoozing or involving themselves in theoretical discussions.

I'm sure that there are other websites out there that welcome and encourage discussions on a wide variety of topics. In the meantime, don't give up on inviting us to your party. You just might come across the right people at the right time who are more than willing to get involved in a good discussion.

o

Other websites...good point.

Thank you.

o

Asleep,
We need people such as yourself to remind us plants are not the only thing that exist. lol
I think most people here can't find very many people to talk about plants all day without annoying them, so they come here. I would be glad to join the conversation :)

o

plants are not the only thing that exist?

Blasphemy!

You're a good guy Auron.

Thank you for that. :)

o

I think most GW members are unaware of the Conversation Forum which is the reason it's rarely visited.

Same thing happened with Foliage Forum, 'if it till existis.'

I'd stop at Foliage Forum every few months. The time frame between entries were unbelievably long. Sometimes 4 months before someone left or answered a message.

Conversations is a nice forum, but would better if more people visited.

Asleep, I'll join the party...Toni

o

Awesome Toni!

Can't wait to see you there! :)

o

I look in there occasionally. It is what it is!

How's this for an OT blurt, coffee smiling at me! If only I'd grabbed the camera 5 seconds earlier, it was a lot better, but I did get it at the last minute before the mouth and eye completely converged.

o

LOVE IT!

o

Great shot!

Makes me think of some kinda japanese cartoon character.

I'm glad you stop in over on the flip side...just figured if I were to remind people that it's there maybe more would hang out...so to speak.

o

My failure to document any unfortunate adjacency really has me down lately...

o

I know what you mean....Jeff's got an eye for these things it would seem...a gift perhaps!

Hard to compete with that guy! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here