Is there a way to ID this philo

Posted by markparsons435 6b (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 18:58

So I know what I've got

photo IMG_9212_zpsb9f6b1be.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there a way to ID this philo

Philodendron bipinnatifidum more than likely...

o

Thanks!

o

You bet! :)

o

Philodendron bipinnatifidum or Philo Selloum.

o

Looking at the leaf tips, I'd think it was 'Xanadu.' Any tips for distinguishing between bipinnatifidum from Xanadu? From what I've seen, the bip leaves usually end in a thin point while the X leaves usually end in a 3-point section. Is that a correct observation?

o

A three point section...hmmmmm...

Looking at one of my bips here next to me it's kinda fitting that exact description. There is no way that thing is a xanadu,..WAY too big! LOL

I like to think of a xanadu as a bip in miniature. :)

o

I agree, definitely P. bipinnatifidum. Xanadu is smaller, has more lobes and the leaf blade is more elongate. Funnily enough, neither of them grow too well here, too warm for them.

o

Thanks to both for setting me straight!

o

I believe you got 'Hope'. BipinnatifidumIt smaller cousin. It grows too big for me so I gave mine to Mike and I kept the Xanadu. It is way smaller growing. I have both Yellow and regular green.
Stush

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here