Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trying again. Anyone know what this is?

Posted by lizzynola 10 (msbjcashen@aol.com) on
Wed, May 21, 14 at 19:49

For $2.33 I could not go wrong! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trying again. Anyone know what this is?

Some sort of Philodendron.

Planto

o

I second this. It's a philodendron. It looks like you have it in direct sun...not sure if a house plant philodendron likes that. I would watch for sunburn.

o

Agreed, Philo. Also agreed, it will burn very easily, in any but the weakest rays of very early morning or very late evening sun. No direct sun required, if that suits your situation. It looks like there may be some sunburn at the right edge of a couple leaves on the bottom, on the left.

I love how your pic shows a very juvenile leaf (in the middle of the pic, under the petiole of the larger leaf) of almost lime green, so much smaller and differently shaped, then the more mature leaves have grown above it.

Should look like this soon.

o

purpleinopp, I can't believe I will have 2 plants that will one day be as beautiful as your photo for only $2.33 ea.!

Thanks to everyone on the sun info. I will be sure to place them in mostly direct light.

I decided to plant one in the yard and keep one inside in a large planter,

Thx :)

o

Philodendrons are awesome, hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

o

Lizzy, that is a great price - it appears to be Philodendron Rojo Congo. As was said above, in Zone 10, you need to move that puppy to full shade right away... or you will be sorry. This type of philo is called a self-heading variety. It does not vine like other types of philo. I love this plant and have a couple myself. Mine are young and none look as good as Purple's.

Carol in Jacksonville

o

Thank you love_the_yard,

I havae moved the plants to a nice, shady but bright area.
Needless to say I have fallen in love with them LOL!
I agree, Purple's plant is georgeous!! Can't wait to see if mine will look like that HA!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here