Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mini roses rooted

Posted by Grantgarden2 5b (grantgarden2@gmail.com) on
Sat, May 11, 13 at 20:05

Whoop whoop my mini roses have rooted! In less than 5 days how crazy is that! Can gift roses survive in my zone?(5b) I'm am rooting Baby Elizabeth and Nancy Hall.
Grantgarden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mini roses rooted

Neat system! Please explain in detail! :)

o

Cool!! I've ground layered roses before, works well. A couple months ago when trimming a KO rose I put some of the pieces i the ground and almost all are still green, so obviously still alive. Going to try with some others this summer too. No such thing as too many roses! Tried to talk my Mom out of a tiny mini rose plant she has, but no such luck... yet. They are SO cute!

Sorry, I don't know the hardiness of those types... I'd ask on the rose forum if searching them is not definitive.

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Sun, May 12, 13 at 13:01

'Nancy Hall' should be marginally hardy with good protection. Couldn't find out much about the BE after a quick search.

Al

o

Yes please do explain your interesting contraption in detail!

o

Yes please do explain your interesting contraption in detail!

o

...Is that an aquarium heater in there?

o

the setup is made out of four rubber maid tubs. One of the tubs has water and a fish heater to make the soil warm and to provide a humid enclosure. Also the soil is plain mariclegrow and perlite then just stuck the cuttings into the soil.
grantgarden

o

the setup is made out of four rubber maid tubs. One of the tubs has water and a fish heater to make the soil warm and to provide a humid enclosure. Also the soil is plain mariclegrow and perlite then just stuck the cuttings into the soil.
grantgarden

o

Whats the thermostat at?. If you don't mind my asking.

Just a curious sort I suppose. :)

o

Grant, I don't know the names of my mini-roses, but I planted them outside late last year in a very sunny spot. One is full of new growth and I haven't seen anything on the other one yet.....I'm in WI, near Milwaukee. Good luck!

Nancy

o

Nancy,
I'm guessing the other IS still alive,right? :)

o

I dont know what temp the heater is keep at, I am keeping it as low as the dial can go. I dont want to bake my poor little cuttings!
Grant

o

Because nobody wants to steam their veggies. :)

Perhaps a cheap aquarium thermometer?

IDK...just a suggestion. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here