Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
etsy

Posted by asleep_in_the_garden (My Page) on
Fri, May 10, 13 at 20:17

Anyone have any advice? I've never bought one of these before and am a little skittish about it(though tempted still).

Wonder if there's a way to omit the container(not that it wasn't cute and all)...I'd want to let that thing grow. Maybe shoulda posted this in the fig forum but what the heck ...this'll do. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: etsy ficus

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: etsy

Asleep,
It looks like the one in particular you are asking about sold back in March. As to ordering from Etsy, I've never ordered plants before but I've ordered other items and never had an issue. The seller you're looking at though has a 100% positive rating with 41 ratings, I suppose that's ok. Not sure if I answered your question at all. :\

Planto

o

March....and now it's may.

Yep.

Thanks. :)

o

Asleep,
Sure. :) Although I can't help but feel like I wasn't very helpful (but I'll take your thanks as I was).

Planto

o

Welllllll when little details escape me and someone can gently nudge me and say..."pssssst hey pal,..your a bit late" without making me feel like a complete fool it's a display of class that I truly appreciate in a fellow human being so hey man,..you're alright in my book. :)

....Yeah...I tend to overlook the obvious sometimes! :D

o

Asleep,
Haha, I gotcha! Maybe the seller has another ficus you're interested in? You'll be amazed (if you aren't already) what kinds of plants you'll find on etsy. :)

Planto

o

Hello,

I only know of Etsy for buying / selling handmade art & craft. I had no idea there were plants on there. I'll have to look again.

o

PG,
You'll have to type in a specific plant or just "plant" (although that will probably give you more than you want not related to love plants!).

Planto

o

You're probably right,Beth...this is why I mustn't look there again! I stumbled on it while researching stranglers and in my excitement I was preparing myself to engage in an impulse buy,..and I really shouldn't do such things! LOL

Patience is the key....one day my strangler will come.

........................Ok...that just sounds creepy!! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here