Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
just_startin_out

Repotting frequently

just_startin_out
10 years ago

As my name suggests, I'm just starting out. I'm loving everything I'm doing and find that I've got some skill (or luck) with plants. I tend to be rather fussy and anxious with my plants, but I prefer to think of it as 'loving.'

Recently, I've started some house plant gardening groups at the adult day program (severe and persistent mental illness) that I work at. We've been attempting to revive a bunch of plants the building has neglected. In my best attempts at researching 'well draining soils' I've made some mistakes. As much as I'd like to find turface to make Al's mix, I can't, and I'm afraid I potted some plants in a dangerous mix. I've repotted some divided snake plants and dracaena marginatas in 1:1:1 peat/perlite/vermiculite. I"ve read a thread about how this is not a good mix. So question 1 - given the fact that I can't find the appropriate ingredients for Al's mix, what is the next best recipe? Question 2 - Since I JUST repotted these plants, what danger is there in repotting them AGAIN in the right mix?

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Native Plant Scapes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Your Friendly Native Plant Landscape Designers in Loudoun County