Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hi, just checking in, and have a question or 2

Posted by Lamora 4 (My Page) on
Sat, May 25, 13 at 20:58

Hi, hope you are all having a great weekend so far, make it safe too.. ;)

I have 2 plants that I was wondering if they will grow longer. Two ends of my Aeschynanathus Raducabs (?) (Lipstick plant) broke off, and they haven't seem to grow since. Will they grow again? My Hoya Carnosa, the end of the longest stem (about an inch or so) got dried up some how, and came off, will it grow still?

And my newest plant, Dracaena Golden Dust, for some reason the leaves keep falling off. I potted it in the 5-1-1 mix, watering it with distilled water only, feeding reg. The leaves don't look wilty or dry. They just drop off, for no reason that I can see. The new leaves, now, they look wilty and not strong at all.

What can I do to help these plants? The long stems of the 2 plants, not sure I can do anything to help them, just mainly wondering if they will grow later. But the Golden Dust, what can I do for it?

Thanks for any advice and imput....
Marjie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hi, just checking in, and have a question or 2

hoyas do that sometimes for no reason. given a month or two, they will grow again

o

I have hard water, every variety of Dracaena I have ever grown has lost two-five leaves when watered heavily/excessively... at all. leave off the watering a bit I'd imagine it'd bounce back.

o

Sorry to hear that. Seems like I remember you posting a pic of this plant recently & it looked great. If it wasn't yours, sorry, but I remember saying the pic made me want to move mine to more shade. I've had mine for about a year now and have fertilized it maybe twice. Seems to grow extremely slowly, so wondering if it doesn't appreciate such a rich living.

Also recently repotted mine, about 2 weeks ago. Separated the 4 individual plants and made a hodge-pot with it, putting it with Cordyline fruticosa and T. zebrina. Looks fantastic together, and all are very comfortable with virtually no direct sun. The very first and last minutes of the day, it might get a ray or two. Although it was doing great in an east window inside for winter, lately the much stronger rays were making it look a little faded. Even before repotting, I moved it back pretty far, away from getting direct sun. Looking more green, distinctly spotted now.

For a Drac, I was surprised by the size of the root systems on these plants, comparatively small and very un-branching compared to other Dracs I've repotted. What did you think about your plants' roots?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here