Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what kind of plant is this? help!

Posted by amber_m 5 (ambermcmyne@yahoo.com) on
Tue, May 8, 12 at 21:23

i wanted to post some pics of this house plant that was given to me, but now i cant find where to post pics... i was given a plant from someone who let it almost fully die, and they didnt know what it was.. ive been nursing it back to health... it has white and green leaves with red/pink edges on most, they are darker edges on the younder leaves, the body of the plant is sort of cream/pink colored and the whole plant feels almost like its made out of some sort of plastic/rubber type of material, and the leaves arent as thin as normal leaves on a normal plant. ill try and post pics.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what kind of plant is this? help!

Hi Amber,

We meet again, it sounds to me like you may be describing a Hoya. Some of which I grow & collect. Kind of thick leafed, a bit rubbery, some of those pinkish leaves whiten as they age.

Once you learn how to post pix you'll likely find out. To post pix, one needs to use a photohosting site (like Photobucket or Flicker, both of which are free (yippee)) where one uploads one's photos & then from there, copies & pastes some of the computer codes over to here.

For more detailed info. search GW for 'how to post pix' or something like that. In the meantime, open a photohosting account & you can get started. I use Photobucket & it's just fine.

o

ok im hoping this works... i guess we will see... im gonna try and post a pic...

http://pinterest.com/pin/251849804132128687/

http://pinterest.com/pin/251849804132128682/

http://pinterest.com/pin/251849804132128681/

o
i got it!

o
heres more pics... hope i get some insight, so i can know how to

o
pic quality

sorry for the quality of the pictures, i had t use my cell phone cause my son broke my camera a few months back...

o

That looks like Peperomia obtusifolia 'Rainbow' (also known as Peperomia magnoliifolia 'Rainbow') to me.

Planto

o
yay!!!

thats exactly what it is!!! thank you!!! i just googled Peperomia obtusifolia 'Rainbow' and found some pictures that look exactly like it! thank you!

o

Amber,
Sure thing.

Planto

o
Re: what kind of plant is this? help!

*Ahem* I am correcting myself, some of these looks similar to me, I believe that is Peperomia clusiifolia. I hope I haven't created some confusion.

Planto

o

yes i think it is the Peperomia clusiifolia, thank you for the correction... basicly i have just been so darn currious as to what i have and i had no way to know how best to take care of it. now i know what it is and can read up on how best to take care of it. thank you again!

o

Amber,
You're welcome. :)

Planto

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here