Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamora_gw

Prayers needed-- not plant related

Lamora
11 years ago

Hi Everyone.

My 75 yrs old dad had a major fall this afternoon, he broke his sholder and it will be operated on tomorrow late afternoon. It could have been a lot worse.

But I am asking for prayers, & good thoughts from my friends, and I consider you all friends. I am not used to seeing my dad like this. Mom is a basket case.

We need some good vibes here, of any kind. So please, send a prayer or good thought his way for a speedy recovery..

Thank you

Marjorie

Comments (19)

• jessiec777
    11 years ago

Good vibes sent!!!

• sherryinmaine
    11 years ago

prayers for his speedy recovery. . .

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Same here, for your Dad and the surgeon!

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    11 years ago

I pray that our Lord shows tender mercy toward your father, that He eases your father's pain, provides physical and spiritual comfort, speeds his recovery without complications, and provides his physicians with the skill and wisdom needed to treat him most effectively. I also pray that you, your mom, dad, and extended family and friends will join others in their prayers and take comfort from them; and, from the feeling of unity that comes from knowing you're not alone in your prayers, you gain what strength you need to deal with any situation that arises.

Al

• Lamora
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.

Al- very nice prayer, Thank You.. I wish I could pray like that. I just don't have the right words.. but I know He knows what I am trying to say.

My dad is so drugged up on morphine, all he's doing is sleeping, and that is good, least his shoulder isn't bothering him as much. It HAD to be his right one too!! uggg! My dad does not have any muscle mass in his legs due to a med he has been taking for years. (he has since been taken off, but the damage is done) so he needs his arms to lift him up out of chairs. This is going to be hard on him-- and us. (he hates asking for help with anything!)

The operation is scheduled for 6 pm tonight. My DH should be home shortly after it starts. He will be a big help with this after daddy comes home. This is not going to be easy on any of us. But we will make it.. we have to. :)

Thanks again everyone.. will keep you updated.. if you want me to.

Marjie :)

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    11 years ago

I'm sure He knows your heart, Lamora. That's what matters - not the words we choose. There's a verse in James that talks about it ....

".... pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of the righteous man availeth much." ~ James 5:16

Make sure you tell your dad we're praying for him; and wish your mom a Happy Mother's Day from us, in spite of the circumstances.

Al

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hi Lamora,

This happened to my mother last year and i can fully understand what you are going through...

I just wanted to say that they do get better and when they have this motivation to get strong and want to continue, that is when things started getting better with everyone. I know this is so stressful on you and your family, but it will get better...

Please know that i am thinking of you and i also wanted to send my thoughts and prayers to you and you family.

I hope you and your family can feel the love of your family and freinds and know that we are all sending you well wishes...

Take care,

Laura

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Marj, so sorry about your dad..I hope and pray his surgery went well.

The older we get, falls and fractures are inevitable.

Please let us know how your dad, family, (especially your mom) and you are holding up.

Hugs, prayers will be said, Toni

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    11 years ago

My prayers are with you also. A little late but the more the merrier. Best wishes for you and your family. May God bless your Father. Recovery is painful and hard to fulfill. Please encourage you father to continue with his therapy afterwards.

• Lamora
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank You all- :)
    He is still in the hospital. Not for his shoulder, that operation went well, but for his legs, he can't get up w/o help now. They are more concerned about his legs right now. They don't want him walking by himself, he will need help. That is where my DH and brothers come in,(none of them is working atm-- :() mom and I could not do it.

My DH is trying to convince the doctor that we can help him and to let him come home... maybe tomorrow? Let's hope so.

Mom-- she is another story, a bit of Alzheimer's? or dementia, so she is confused a lot. Sometimes she forgets that he is in the hospital and keeps asking where he is. Then when we go see him, she doesn't understand what is wrong with him. She keeps asking where Hobo is (a dog that has been gone for at least 8 yrs now) so yeah,, that is where we are.

I don't think it is going to be "just us" for a while now.. I know that sounds selfish, maybe it is, but that is how I feel.. can't help it. I love them, please dont judge me on this. but I found out a very long time ago.. I am not the type to be a caregiver. But I guess I have no choice. If God only gives us what we can handle, I guess he has more faith in me/us than I do right now.

Thanks again for the prayers, vibes and good wishes- they are very much needed for us all. :)

Love you all
    Marjorie :)

11 years ago

It's good that life only comes at us one minute at a time, but man, some of those minutes are long and hard. prayers, vibes and good wishes... Sending all of the above!!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Still thinking of you!!!

Hope all is well!!!

Laura

• Lamora
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi All! :)

Daddy came home Monday afternoon, he will be ok as far as the shoulder goes. He needs help getting up off the chair he is sitting in because his legs are so weak. He seems to be fine while he is up and walking, but just getting up is where he needs help. None-the-less, it is good to have him home-- was way too quiet w/o him-- lol.

Mom wants to pamper him to death! Wants to do EVERYTHING for him. She is the caregiver in the family. He hates asking for help, with ANYTHING! but he needs it atm and he knows it. At least he is trying and that is something.

He will be starting PT in about 2 weeks, both shoulder and legs. He is doing Home PT for his legs right now. What really sux is the day before the fall, he was done with PT for his legs, and now that is all un-done.

Anyway-- thanks again for all the positive energy everyone is sending-- you will never know what it means to me/us. :)

Thanks so much for being here for me..
    Marjie

11 years ago

Thanks for the update. It's sweet how your Mom wants to pamper your Dad. I bet it makes her feel very needed and purposeful. All you can really do is love each other and it warms my soul to hear about how all of you are pulling together for each other. Wishing for peace for you!

• scsva
    11 years ago

Here's sending thoughts and prayers your way!

Susan

• jessiec777
    11 years ago

Glad to hear he is home :-) I'm sure not having that extra arm to help get himself up is hard. Shoulders are a tough surgery. Don't let mom pamper him too much! lol I work on a surgical floor in a hospital and one of the hardest things I had to learn was to let people do as much as they can. They recover much faster! I'll keep sending those positive vibes :-)

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Marj,
    I'm happy hearing your dad is at the minimum, 50% better. Do the docs know why he's having problems w/his legs?
    Perhaps it's nothing more than lying in bed, 'hospital' for so many days?

Your poor mom. Was she diagnosed with Damentia/Alzheimers?
    It's great she's caring for your dad though.

I pray after your dad gets better, your brothers and dh find jobs.

Hope you're holding up too. Hugs, Toni

• Lamora
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi all~~
    Jessie- thanks. Yeah, we have to keep telling her to let him do what he can. But shes mom~~ gotta love her. :)

Toni, No she hasn't been diagnosed yet, for some reason daddy keeps putting it off. But she has a lot of the signs. It may be her meds too, won't know for sure till she gets tested.

My dad's loss of muscles in his legs were due to a very powerful cholesterol drug, one of the (rare) side effects was loss of muscle mass. They just didn't catch it in time. (He would rather have the high cholesterol) Plus he has RA pretty bad, one doctor thinks that is what caused his legs to get like they are now.
    Plus he may or may not have a pinched nerve in his back. He was going to see about that next week, but it is a 3-4 hr drive and with his shoulder like this, he didn't think he could make it. Now he has to wait till Sept to make another appt.

Thanks for the prayers for jobs. My DH has a good prospect on one already, but it would mean not being home for months at a time. My brothers~~ they are another story all together. (Not going there.)

but he is doing better, has a long ways to go, but we will get him there.

Thanks again for all the positive vibes and prayers~~ from all of us- :)
    Marjie

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    11 years ago

Marjie,
    Don't feel bad about being a caregiver. It is very hard indeed. Everone calls about the sick but not a word for the caregiver. May God keep you in his arms during these hard times. Also praying for you DH for his job. Hope all goes well.
    I was thinking about my mother. They said she was Alzheimer or dementia. She didn't even know when I was there and talking to her. Well it turned out to be her meds she was on. After changing doctors and getting one who works with the elderly we all saw inprovements.
    Well I will keep you in my prayers.