Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cena60

Aid with Peperomia ID

cena60
13 years ago

This is a leathery, succulent Peperomia with a slow growth pattern. I've had the plant nearly four years and this year it popped lots of growth. Upwards. Which makes it difficult as past growth has been mainly hanging.

I need a source/author who specializes as this is not your every day version.

I've searched the last three years for an ID, with no luck.

(McHarris, Joe K. sold this at the C&S show & sale.)

I've been through HUNDREDS of Google Images and the closest (but no cigar) is P. congona. It does not have the distictive joint coloring or the ringed upright leaves.

If you recognize this plant I would very much appreciate input.

Please see the following:

{{gwi:88233}}
Regular spaced ring growth with stiff, slightly rough leaves growing skyward. They tighten up when water is scarce.

Yes, it IS a Pep! Going into bloom season right now.

{{gwi:88234}}

You are looking at two bamboo supports and wild growth on each side of the supports. This shoot grew four feet this year, popping out branches. Because this grew in this tree, and had support, I arranged the bamboo poles to support this new, rampant growth. Tough to see with all the visual noise going on.

{{gwi:88236}}

The 'hanging' part of the plant, only hinting at the strong upright growth this year.

{{gwi:88237}}

I would appreciate ANY suggestion, hint, far flung source, guess, idea, or WAG. This plant is going into the local Cactus & Succulent show next Friday. Names are always 'good'!

TIA, for taking a look.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus