Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Little pink Shamrock

Posted by beegood Zone 3 alberta (My Page) on
Thu, May 6, 10 at 23:07

Hi I'm new to this forum but am hoping some one can help me. Does anyone know where I can get some bulbs for that little old fashioned pink shamrock. Just little green leaves and the flowers are small and a pretty pink. All you can find now have purple leaves or big green leaves with white flowers. TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Little pink Shamrock

I have one growing in a pot right now. I just got it though and have no idea when would be a good time to ship it and stuff.

o

Oh how I would love that but sadly one cannot ship from USA to Canada. Border people frown on that big time BOO HOO.They are so hard to find now at least around here. You are lucky to have one.

o

Hi beegood,

I don't know about Canada, but down here shamrocks are seasonal. Even the small pink ones. Unless you can find someone on the forum, in Canada, who is willing to help, you may have to wait until next March.

Larry

o

That's too bad. I knew you can't take potatoes over the border but I didn't realize all plants were that way.

...you know... I'm going to be in Ontario in a few weeks. Perhaps I could mail the bulbs from one of the towns there. Do you think that would work?

o

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I did find someone locally that will share a few. But thank you for the offer. Larry-- I jst want it as a houseplant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here