would someone please id my houseplant

Posted by ymaddox ky 6 (My Page) on
Wed, May 23, 12 at 23:25

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

my lil clearance houseplant :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: would someone please id my houseplant

Would it be the plant on the right? Hard to be sure, a bit blurry, but looks from here like a Ficus pumila, aka Creeping Fig. Nice plant. I have a bit I started from a cutting.

o

I'm thinking creeping ficus aka Ficus pumila. I like this plant a lot! Make sure you keep this one moist ALL the time. Even slightly drying out and it's done. Extra humidity might also be helpful as this plants leaves are extremely thin. They seem to like medium to bright light. As I said though...keep it watered. I've lost several of these due to drying out. Good luck with it. I'm going to try them again myself. Nice plant for a clearance. Btw... There are also variegated varieties that are even more beautiful than the plain green; even a variety known as oak leaf creeping fig. Kyle

o

Yep, Creeping fig. Don't let it get anywhere near something it can latch on to. This plant sort of glues itself to a surface and away it goes! It's a fun plant to grow on a sphagnum form.

o

yeah that is it...thanks so much yes it was a great buy thanks for the tip on the moist soil. i know what the one to the left is pirate girl that is my adenium obesum i have grown from seed, i have about 27 varieties i am presently growing and those happen to be the fattest seedlings of all of them. i moved them all outside for the summer and they are on the porch of my building. dh has his building and i have mine. course mine is way cuter cause i decorated it all up :)

o

Just wanting to be sure which. I keep mine in a covered container as if a little terrarium, expressly so it doesn't dry out (also I wanted it to root more bits of itself).

o

yeah i moved all mine outside to get a little fresh air and thought the sunshine may make them grow ten foot in a month and they would be full of blooms...a girl can always wish ya know :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here