Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Easter Cactus FYI

Posted by cyberdancer (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 23:26

Hi all, Lowes' here in NM got in some EC. They had pink, purple/magenta and red. Four inch pots for 6.98.

cyberdancer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Easter Cactus FYI

I saw those at Walmart! I got one myself!! I love it. What color did you buy? Mine is magenta. Cool plant!!!

o

Hi Teisa, I got a pink one, but it's still in very tight bud so I don't know if it's light or dark. I'm anxious to see what shade it's going to be. So far I have not been able to get these to re-bloom. Wish they were as easy as TC. Anyone have any pointers?

o

Last year I purchased 3 from HD, red, orange, and fuchsia. Several months later the segments were falling off. Several suggested I change the potting soil to a more free draining mix using fine orchid bark. I had to soak the root ball to get all the old hard dry mix off and then repotted. I'm happy to say now that the plants have grown greatly and have even rebloomed!

o

I picked one up at Walmart today. I really didn't need another plant right now but something was pulling me towards the plant table and I guess this was it. I think mine is going to be dark pink but it still has yet to bloom.

o

The ones that I saw were all in full bloom. Mine has just finished up. I've not read alot about them (yet), but I was thinking they will be just once per year bloomers for the most part. Am I not correct? Or do they bloom more frequently as some people are suggesting?TIA

o

Hi all. Funny, I went to two WM and found none. As far as I know they only bloom once in Spring. Have some of you had your EC bloom more than once during the year? I would be happy if it would just bloom once. Do they need high humidity?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here