Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas cactus vendors

Posted by luv_daises (h_cassell@yahoo.com) on
Thu, May 29, 14 at 23:33

I am wanting to expand my collection..lol Don't have very many but wanting to get different types. I have checked out ebay and think some of them are kind of pricey so I was wanting to see how you all ordered your plants. I have tried checking out how to buy overseas but no luck, so if you all have done it before maybe give me some tips. I have ordered some from Bob Smoley and thought he sent some nice plants but couldn't get the ones that I really wanted, all sold out.Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas cactus vendors

I ordered one from logee's, they have several kinds of holiday cacti you might like. Just type in "Christmas Cactus" in the search bar at the top. It will show you a few good ones to choose from.
I hope you find something you like!

Here is a link that might be useful: logee's

o

I've had good luck ordering from Whitton's Greenhouse but I'm not sure if they are open for the summer? You can always email or call... They do not sell the true Christmas Cactus but sell the "Thanksgiving Cactus" just to clarify....

They sell small starter plants in different colors...

http://whittongreenhouses.com/mailordervarieties.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: Whitton Greenhouse

o

bump

o

• Posted by val1 z4 UT (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 1:53

I ordered mine last fall from Bob Smoley's and was very pleased. I was able to get the ones I wanted. Did you call and ask when they might have the ones you want? The lady I talked to was very helpful. I had wanted to order some more at a different time and she told me that a good time to order was late summer when they had restocked but before the big rush for them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here