Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sansevieria trifasciata ID and Questions

Posted by greendale 6B (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 16, 12 at 0:14

I just got this little guy from grocery store today. And it has no tag.

I wanted to know if it will grow into something taller?( like the following two, pictures are from web, and liked the first one very much - very elegant)

Or did I get the wrong cultivar? Because they look so different from what I got. Mine is more Rosette, but theirs are more like grow from the soil single leave and it is so tall.

I read from international sansevieria society that there are 3 groups of Sans
normal full size,
medium size with wide leaves (Futura type)
dwarf bird's-nest size (Hahnii type).

Is mine in the different group from those two? What group is mine and what are theirs? OR it is just the different between a juvenile and mature plant?

Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sansevieria trifasciata ID and Questions

You might try the Sans Forum as well; letting them know you also posted here.

Good luck,

Linda

o

I believe it is Sansevieria trifasciata 'Black Futura Goldedge' (it is indeed a 'Futura'). The larger one of the two is a "normal full size" (Sansevieria trifasciata). Your 'Futura' will not get as large as your 'normal full size.' Hope this helps.

Planto

o

That is a most attractive Sans. My personal preference is the shorter cultivars...they exude personality. Your new plant looks like it's ready to be divided.....soon.

o

Thank you.

Wondering how tall it can get for the Sansevieria trifasciata Black Goldedge Futura type and Full Size type? Was planning to get a taller plant and put it on the floor, but nevertheless, I still love this little Futura.

o

did you buy that at walmart

o

No. I bought it from Stop & Shop

o

I don't know this ID, but seems a very healthy plant, nice supermarket find.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here