philodendren

Posted by lee80903 none (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 2:50

Does any body knows what type of philodendren is this
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: philodendren

I don't think it's a Philo, it looks more like a Pothos of some kind. I've never seen such a pale color before, but I think that's what it is.

o

You're right, PG. I think this one is Epipremnum aureum "Neon ". It would be called Neon Pothos as a common name.

o

You're right, PG. I think this one is Epipremnum aureum "Neon ". It would be called Neon Pothos as a common name.

o

You gals are good. I thought it was Philodendron hederaceum, 'Lemon-Lime'...

o

The leaf shapes here are very Pothos & not so Philo (is how I read it).

That's (somewhat) 'cause some of the folks here have taught us well!! Good to see ya posting again Toni!!!

o

Hey Karen,

I Googled both plants...there's a slight difference in leaf shape...

How have you been?

Is it my computer, connection or is GW having problems?

o

Hi gang!

One sure way to know is to look closely at the petiole and if it has a groove in it along the top that goes the length of the petiole,then it's an epipremnum. If it's round with no groove then it's a hederaceum. :)

This post was edited by asleep_in_the_garden on Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 19:00

o

How often should i water it thanks

This post was edited by lee80903 on Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 19:05

o

Don't mean to be difficult or weird, but when it's dry.

It'll depend on the mix you use & the setting you grow it in (how much heat, humidity, etc).

Use a pencil or wooden dowel to check for moisture until you learn by feeling the weight of the plant, when it needs water.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here