Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tasiabacall

Spider Plant Varieties?

tasiabacall
14 years ago

For some reason I have begun to love spider plants. Maybe it's an obsession. It's kind of become my favorite plant, well so far, but I was wondering if anyone out there know of how many different kinds/ varieties of spider plants there are? Thanks in advance!

Tasia B .

Comments (15)

• spider_plant
    14 years ago

Same for me :) So far I've got one of the green and white (green in the middle), two Bonnies (Curly), one all green, and one golden glow.

• gardengal28
    14 years ago

I have 4 varieties, one green, one green with white in the middle, one green with white stripes, one green with wide leaves and one green with skinny leaves. Hope this helps. They also seed after they bloom, but I have not had any success prop. them this way. I have had lots of success just throwing them into a vase with water and forgetting about them until they have good root systems built up.

• supermom7
    14 years ago

I don't know how many varieties of spider plants there are but I did find this website if you're interested. Hope it helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Eva's spider plant page

• marquest
    14 years ago

LOL supermom and I were posting at the same time. I think Eve is the only site that really talks about Spiders.

• gardengal28
    14 years ago

I hope that site helped, cause it did help me! Eve is sooo knowledgeable about the spiders. Most of what I learned was from my mom and grandmother. It's nice to have a world of knowledge at your fingertips!!

• lali
    14 years ago

How can I get some of those other varieties? Should I be able to find those at my home stores? I currently have the all-green and green with white middle stripe variety.

lali

• tasiabacall
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I've only seen pictures from google images of the plain green ones, but does anyone here have them and wouldn't mind posting a few pics?

• blondetazz0924
    14 years ago

I am looking for the grenn in the middle with the thin white edges. Cannot find em anywhere around my area yet. The other spiders I have are doing well and I must say that I find them facinating. They way they reach for the light at day time and "tell" you with their leaves when they need a good watering. Yes, they do "tell" you if you stop and study them.

• Zseaton
    12 years ago

Spider plants are very cool. I am breeding a bunch and I have about 20

• Lamora
    12 years ago

I tried the link and was sent to Lamps-- said the web page isnt available :( but from what you are all saying, they are cool plants, wouldnt mind seeing a few more. Mine is curly, but I think it has some straight ones too, someone was looking at it and said there were at least 5 plants in it, making one big one. It is green with white in the middle. Never seen a all green one before. Now Im gonna have to look for them! lol.

• greenzzz
    12 years ago

Lamora, you can go to flickr put spider plants in their search and lovely sprider plants pics will pop up, see in slide show,most of the plants are owned by experts!! I search all plants with flickr and they are all there...Sue

• supermom7
    12 years ago

Lamora, Here is the new link to Eva's New Spider Plant Page. Hope it helps. Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Eva's New Spider Plant Page

• sandygave0
    6 years ago

You can find green spider plants for sale actually all different ones on eBay or amazon

• Laurie (8A)
    6 years ago

post is 8 years old. I have done this too.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz