Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sambamatt

What is this, what's it doing, and what do I do with it???

sambamatt
9 years ago

Hi all,

I'm new here and would really like your help with something.....well three things really.....I bought this plant a couple of months ago and its growing really well, getting lovely and bushy etc. However, I'm struggling with a few things:

Firstly, what is it? It was simply labelled Monstera when I bought it, which is fine and I think that's right...but its not a deliciosa and I'd like to know what it is as that will greatly help with my next two issues....

Secondly, are its fruits (flowers?) supposed to do that? You can just see the two fruits (or flowers) on the plant - they've barely grown at all and now you can see that the one of them looks like its died and gone brown, before its even grown out of its leaf-casing. Is that right or has the fruit/flower died?

And lastly, I'd love to know what to do with the thing....once I know the two answers above I'll be some way there, but I'd like to know the ideal care I should be giving the plant. Currently I have it sat on a windowsill, where it doesn't really get any direct sunlight; I water it when the top half of the soil is dry and give it a little food at the same time. It isn't getting any taller whatsoever, but it is getting bushier and growing new leaves at a rate of knots, so I think its pretty happy.....but then I wonder if I'm killing it because of the way its fruit/flowers are behaving....

Basically I'm very confused and would love someone to put me straight on all this and give any general advice at all really...

Thank you so much

Matt

Comments (5)