Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Air Plant

Posted by mamabear z5b MI (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 7:54

Should I water or Wash my Air plant?
Although it did Bloom, Looking kinda Dry.
Or are they to Look like that?
It's maybe 2"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Air Plant

Hullo!
Nice plant you got there! It looks good, but yeah, maybe a little dry.

I water mine by soaking them in the bathroom sink for about an hour when they look dry. This should be around once every one to two weeks.

There's something that strikes me about this picture, though...
Is your air plant... well, planted?
Air plants don't naturally grow in soil (in the wild, they stick themselves onto trees, rocks, roofs, powerlines - you name it!) and planting them can cause them to get rot.
Just as in the wild, you can attach them to all sorts of interesting items, or just put them on your shelf or desk as they are. It seems weird, but there's no need for soil of any kind.
I grow my air plants either bare or glued to suction cups!

o
RE: Air Plant

I got it sitting in a small Air fresher Vase. Not in use anymore.
No Soil Or Water. I had them for 2 months so I will soak them as Suggested. I kinda thought I should bath it, Good to ask first. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here