Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Fiddle leaf fig has brown spots in middle of leaf!

Posted by clores New York (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 7:55

I got my fiddle leaf fig about two months ago and when I bought it had one brown spot in the middle of one of the lower leaves. I thought nothing of it but lately, it seems the spots have multiplied and are on almost every leaf. Can anyone recommend a solution? Not sure if its a pest, I don't think it's over watering. Maybe the switching of light conditions or, maybe that I re-potted it as soon as I brought it home? It's not getting direct sunlight, just bright light. Any advice would be great, thanks in advance!

P.S. I attached a photo.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Fiddle leaf fig has brown spots in middle of leaf!

I don't see the spots on other leaves in the pic, I do see a yellowing bottom leaf.
can we see a pic of the whole plant? what is the pot size and how did you repot, in what soil?
how do you know when to water?
bright light is good, early morning sun 3-4 hours is very good. diffused western light is good too. but no strong sun and no more then 4 hours, since it's an indoor plant, I assume?
it likes hi humidity. misting is very good. what is your humidity level?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here