Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
javaandjazz

Pottery for house plants

Richard Dollard
13 years ago

Seems like there is not a good selection of house plant pottery that I've seen lately. Home Depot & Lowes doesn't have anything exciting this year.

Do you have any recommendations for where I can drive in CT to find a large variety of pottery options... both smaller and larger pots.

I'm located in CT. Thanks.

Comments (6)

• amccour
    13 years ago

Hobby Lobby, maybe?

• christine1950
    13 years ago

Here in NY I find that the small nursery has a great selection of beautiful pottery.

• angeleyedcat
    13 years ago

Have you tried searching in your general area for people who are actual potters and may sell or will create exactly what you're looking for? Are there any craft type villages/areas? I did a general google and came up with a non profit organization that lists a studio directory of different artisians sites, several are listed for Connecticut, possibly one of them might be of help:
    http://ceramicartsdaily.org/potters-council/studio-listing/

Here is a link that might be useful: Studio Listing

• albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    13 years ago

Another thing to look for is a pottery class. Even if you don't want to try and make your own there are sometimes persons there who take the class to use the equipment and will make pottery to your specifications for a price. Look for classes somewhere that they have a kiln. The kiln will attract serious armatures and semi-professionals.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    13 years ago

Good privately owned garden centers will carry nice pots. Also look in the home decor outlets. Forget the big box stores for anything unique or interesting.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    13 years ago

Community colleges?
    Who knows, you might find one-of-a-kind or slightly imperfect practice pieces
    that students are willing to sell...

Josh