Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to save gardenia from bugs

Posted by Mansi21c none (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 10, 14 at 9:49

Hello all
Last month i bought a gardenia plant. Im new to gardening. Initially i kept my plant in a gallery but then i found out a bug on a back side of leaf with eggs. So i cleaned it. After that incident i regularly check gardenia plant. Some times i keep it out in gallery and sometimes i keep inside my house near patio. Today i saw very tiny brown spot on 2 leaves. But they were bugs. So i cleaned it with misting on leaves. My Q is
How to control bug issue?

When i bought gardenia i had a bud which is one month ago. Now my gardenia is having 6 or more buds on it. But when will them bloom???? Its been a month for 1st little bud.
I have planted that gardenia in miracle grow potting mix.
10 days ago i gave it good watering with acidic plant food water soluble of same brand( miracle grow).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to save gardenia from bugs

Not all bugs are bad. Some bugs lay their eggs on plants, but don't actually harm the plant.

Before you start worrying about the bugs on your plant, it would be best to figure out what kind of bugs they are!

We have a pretty green stink bug living on one of our indoor plants and it doesn't seem to be doing any harm at all. We just try not to bother it...!

o

There was a web below the leaf. Eggs n a small bug like a grasscoper.
Yesterday there were small very tiny browniesh spots..n they were moving. So i cleaned it with wet paper towel. They had reddiesh color after rubbing. What type of bug it may be??
N how much time it takes to bloom a bud?

o

The small bug that looked like a grasshopper is probably a grasshopper. I've never heard of grasshoppers causing a major problem on indoor plants.
Tiny brown spots could be practically anything.
Luckily, it sounds like there aren't many bugs, so if you just keep picking them off as soon as you see them, your plant should be fine.
It's normal for bugs to come and sit on your plants, so don't worry! Your gardenia looks very healthy in the picture!
You only need to be concerned if there are a LOT of bugs at once or if they start damaging the plant.

As for the flowers, I'm sorry, but I don't know how long it will take. It's been a long time since I've cared for gardenias. Just be patient and the flowers should open eventually. If the plant has made new buds, then it's probably happy!

o

Thanku patchy jack

o

My pleasure!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here