Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant id #2

Posted by applechelle VA (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 2, 13 at 10:47

I have 4 pics from sympathy flowers needing id, but not sure how to post more than one from my iPad.

April

This post was edited by applechelle on Sun, Jun 2, 13 at 11:30

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant id #2

Peperomia obtusifolia. :)

o

Thank you!

o

Would like a little more sun than the other 3, and to get much more dry between waterings.

Are you new to house plants in general?

No matter what you're using, phone or computer, this forum does one pic per post. You can put them in a new discussion, or add to a same discussion. I think it's less confusing to do ID requests in separate discussions but it's up to what you prefer, they're your discussions.

o

I'm fairly new to house plants... I inherited some from my mom when she got sick and also began purchasing some all along. I started this new hobby last fall. I love gardening outside ( I call it "playing in the dirt") and its a great stress reliever. I found I had less of an outdoor gardening season in northern VA and I had a need to bring life indoors... Which began my indoor gardening.

Im finding it more of a challenge than i expected, but i enjoy a good challenge! in fact, I will be posting some pictures later requesting help for damage control. I have done some research and am learning that i have a LOT to learn!! Mostly about the type of soil to use. I have also learned that I'm over watering. The combo of heavy soil and too much water is causing some of my plants to rot.... So I'm "playing in the dirt today" :)

o

I wish I'd learned that stuff right away. You can water less, of course and/or change the type of soil you use. This article should be helpful. The term overwatering is really a misnomer, the moisture staying in the soil too long is the real culprit. I like watering plants, and changing soil types has made a world of difference.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here